Tips to help you pack lighter and smarter.
Packing can be hard to navigate, pack too light and you are scrambling to find the items you need once you find the nearest store. Pack too much you can feel disorganized and run the risk of pricey baggage fees. We have come up with a couple tips that can help guide you through all the packing problems.
- Make a packing list ahead of time. If you are like me I can be a heavy procrastinator when it comes to packing. Often leaving me to frantically get my things together and at times I will forget some of the most important or essential items. Make a list or print a list online to help guide you in the process.
- Packing by outfit is a great way to see what you do and do not need. Check your itinerary, consider weather and always pack on extra outfit. Because we
all know accidents happen. Lay everything out by day on your bed prior to sticking it in your suitcase can help you observe what may not be needed.
- I was once told ” bring half of what you initially back” since we tend to overthink what we need this can be great advice.
- Roll, don’t fold. One of the best methods I have found for packing it leaves me extra space for shoes or any toiletries I need without over stuffing.
- Be selective in what shoes you choose to bring can help as well shoes are bulky and take up so much space. We recommend packing shoes you can wear with more than one of your outfit.
- Use travel size containers for your essential hygiene or beauty items where you can. Even if you have to pack two of each of travel size shampoo or conditioner it saves so much room and also weight! Even switching to bar soaps can help..
- Make sure any liquids are wrapped in a plastic bag incase of accidental leaks.
- If you take daily supplements or vitamins, skip the bulky bottles and use sandwich or snack sized Ziplocs and label them.